The Checkout Services Team Leader ensures:
- our check-out service is fast and efficient for our customers and cost-effective for the IKEA store.
- payment is handled in a reliable, efficient, accurate and friendly way.
- support the check-out co-worker in their daily work.
The mission of the job is to create a positive experience for our customers, so they will want to return and shop with us again, using IKEA tools and expertise of our colleagues.
- The priority of the job is to give our customers a positive payment experience by ensuring that our check-outs are efficiently equipped, the co-workers are ready and available to help customers.
- Ensure that our check-out co-workers have the knowledge, confidence, responsibility, authority and desire to support customer payment and that they achieve this in an efficient and simple way.
- Follow up on the queuing policy and waiting times in the check-out area and take action to ensure we keep the agreed goals.
- Work together with other functions to improve the shopping experience for our customers in order to generate more sales.
- Know the check-out action plan and support the goals and targets given.
- Contribute to the check-out action plan and take ownership in its delivery.
- Understand the impact of Checkout actions on the financial results and act according to that.
- Follow cash handling procedures to ensure the security of money handling.
- Self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a larger team.
- Ability to prioritise and organise work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of the time available.
- Ability to plan staffing of cash line according to the customer flow.
- Experience of actively meeting customer needs through understanding your customers in a service industry.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adjust the style of communication to get the message across to the receiver.
- Confident decision-maker.
- Experience of check-out service gained in the retail industry.
- Ability to read and understand written English.
*GROWING TOGETHER *(translation not yet available) IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.