Blip has an open position for:
Head of Product Delivery Sports
Product Management | PortoThe Sports Channels Product Delivery group within Product define and agree business requirements for all our customer facing sports betting products (both Sportsbook & Exchange) and collaborate with internal delivery teams to ensure that technology solutions are designed and delivered to meet these requirements.
Reporting to the MD of Product, this role will manage the group of approximately 15 Product Owners. The group will cover multiple customer propositions including PP Sportsbook, Betfair Sportsbook and the Exchange across multiple jurisdictions.
- Work with Portfolio, Project Management & CTO teams to ensure successful delivery of roadmap features and products as agreed with the Commercial & Operational teams.
- Work with Product Management functions in assisting with the qualification of potential technical solutions for new features or products.
- Ensure best practices are in place for defining requirements to provide the appropriate artefacts for building software product
- Develop a strong communication framework within the Product Owners group so that all team members are aware of the work being done in each product area
- Work with the Portfolio team to ensure that team members are appropriately assigned to delivery teams in order to meet Product Roadmap commitments
- Champion knowledge management within the team so that the best solutions are shared across our products and platforms
- Optimising the working relationship between the Product Owner teams and the other teams in Product and CTO
- Driving strong awareness throughout the team of business priorities and the product and technology initiatives undertaken by our competitors
- Providing an end user perspective to the quality assurance process
- Continually grow the capabilities of the team within Product, by attracting the best talent to the team and providing a clear path for team members to further develop their skills
- Work with all teams involved in the Product Development process to continually measure and refine the overall delivery process with a particular emphasis on the tools required for business analysts to deliver on their work. Leadership of large teams, with proven ability to develop and nurture talent
- Strong communications skills are a crucial requirement in this position, as technical solutions often need non tech-based inter-departmental explanations, especially when dealing with support teams.
- 5+ years management experience
- Education: Bachelorâ€™s degree in a business or technology discipline
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Experience in building Sports betting products
- Experience of working with agile development practices
- Strong awareness of our competitive environment