Junior Business Analyst (M/F)
BNP Paribas is one of the euro zone’s leading banks, strongly positioned in its two core businesses - Retail Banking, Corporate & Institutional Banking - and present worldwide with nearly 141.500 employees in 30 European countries. In 2014, it was named one of the “Top European Employers”. BNP Paribas has more than 1800 employees in Portugal and is one of the largest foreign institutions in the country.
Currently, BNP Paribas is creating a European Finance Operations Center in Lisbon, with approximately 200 positions. This Operational Center will be part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure the publication of financial information and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management.
Within Group Finance, Group Sponsored Program Management (GSPM) accompanies the initiatives that are granted a specific sponsoring by the Group (e.g. external growth, regulatory, transformation, development projects).
GSPM assists the entity, helps to setup the appropriate governance bodies and provides the methodology, tools and reporting models. Each initiative receives a dedicated contact within GSPM to help launch and structure the initiative for project monitoring purposes. During the implementation phase, GSPM supports the capture of both qualitative and financials project input, the data quality check, the consolidation of financial information and the follow-up of objectives and costs against validated plans. GSPM also ensures a periodical reporting on initiative’s progress and key changes to the Group Comex and other stakeholders.
The Business analyst will potentially contribute to the following activities:
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of the Initiative in a dedicated GSPM tool (MyTrend) and define related processes
- Lead the design and creation of new report and propose creative functional solutions
- Follow-up of recurrent update processes and chase of missing information
- Ensure information consistency, quality controls and follow-up of warning indicators
- Contribute to the financial reporting to meet the initiative needs, ensure its quality and monitor actuals and forecasts against validated plans
- Adapt the roadmap to the evolution of the Initiative (financial objectives and milestones)
- Work in close collaboration with other GSPM team members and the Initiative stakeholders
- Involvement in IT development projects & sourcing projects (User request, Testing)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or related field
- Professional experience: Between 0 and 2 years of experience in PMO (follow-up of business cases, financials, roadmap, …) or Financial control activities
- Good organization, planning and communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Very good knowledge of sourcing, treatment and reporting processes and tools
- Experience with Access, Business Object / Cognos tools or IT development projects (business requirements, testing) is a plus
- Knowledge of banking environment and products is a plus
- Willingness to learn, to explore new languages
- Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate), French is a plus
- Available to a training period abroad (up to 1- 2 month)
Job TypeStandard / Permanent
JobOPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
-Business ActivitiesSupport functions
Education LevelBachelor Degree or equivalent (3 years)
Experience LevelAt least 1 year