Would you like to join one of the fastest growing startups in the world? Talkdesk a 2016 Forbes Cloud 100 Company is the world’s leading cloud-based contact center software provider. We have awesome investors (DFJ, Salesforce Ventures and Storm Ventures), are in a $22B market that is ripe for disruption and boast an impressive roster of customers including Shopify, Box, Anki, DoorDash, Edmunds and Qualys. We’re looking for a world-class Platform Product Manager to help us continue on our hyper-growth trajectory and shape the future of Talkdesk.
Do you thrive wearing multiple hats in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, start-up environment? Are you passionate about building a development community, from the ground up? Are you just as comfortable presenting to business stakeholders as you are to a room full of engineers? Can you differentiate a “good” API from from a “bad” one? Do you have the list of cURL commands memorized? If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
As the first Platform Product Manager at Talkdesk we expect you to become the voice of our developer community, and work across multiples teams to turn the vision into product requirements.
- Reporting directly to the Head of Platform, you will contribute to the vision and design of a next generation real-time communications platform, with a focus on the developer experience
- Create and maintain close relationships with partner and developer communities to develop a deep understanding of their needs
- Enforce internal processes to establish proper governance around the platform’s products and services
- Help prioritize the platform roadmap with engineering, marketing, sales, business development, and developer relations
- Work with relevant stakeholders to build use cases and define requirements for new feature enhancements, products, and services
- Maintain platform product backlog, including facilitating sprint cycles and defining user stories/acceptance criteria
- Work with developer relations and marketing to communicate releases, build collateral, provide support articles, organize developer outreach events, etc. to empower both internal teams and developer/partner communities
- Evangelize the platform and its capabilities both internally and externally
- Create processes to capture, analyze, leverage and share platform product metrics and insights
- Collaborate with developer relations and marketing to effectively formulate a go-to-market strategy when launching new platform services, features, and enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field required
- 3+ years work experience as a product manager, developer, or developer relations
- Experience working with relevant platform technologies and developer tools including RESTful APIs, OAuth, cURL, and scripting languages
- Experience building enterprise scale APIs and developer tools is a plus
- Knowledge and use of formal product development and quality assurance processes
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technologies and business needs
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and succeed in an environment with competing demands
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to take initiative, use consultative skills and build strong, productive relationships